Barn weddings have been gaining popularity in recent years for their rustic charm and unique atmosphere. Whether you're a city-dwelling couple looking for a countryside getaway or a country couple wanting to showcase your love for the land, a barn wedding can be the perfect choice for your special day.
Here are some things to consider when planning a barn wedding:
Choosing the Right Barn
When choosing a barn for your wedding, consider the size, location, and condition of the barn. You'll want to ensure that it's large enough to comfortably accommodate your guests, and that it has adequate facilities for catering, restrooms, and parking. It's also important to ensure that the barn is safe and structurally sound, with no fire hazards or other safety issues.
Barn weddings provide a unique opportunity to create a beautiful and personalized atmosphere. From rustic-chic to vintage elegance, the decor options are endless. Popular barn wedding decor includes burlap table runners, wildflower centerpieces, and wooden signs with calligraphy. Use hay bales for seating or create a lounge area with vintage couches and chairs. Add some string lights for a magical touch.
Catering and Bar Service
Many barn venues have in-house catering and bar services, but if not, be sure to choose a caterer and bartending service that is experienced with barn weddings. You'll want to ensure that they can handle the unique logistics of serving guests in a barn setting. Buffet-style or family-style service is a popular choice for barn weddings, as it adds to the homey, communal feel.
Weather Contingency Plan
While the rustic charm of a barn wedding is undeniable, the weather can be unpredictable. You'll want to make sure that you have a contingency plan in case of rain or other inclement weather. Some barns offer outdoor ceremony spaces, while others may have an indoor space that can be used in case of bad weather. Make sure to communicate your weather contingency plan with your vendors and guests.
Barn weddings often have a more relaxed dress code, with many couples opting for a country-chic look. However, this can vary depending on the couple's preferences. Be sure to communicate the dress code to your guests in advance so they can come dressed appropriately.
Barn weddings can have unique logistical challenges. Make sure you have adequate lighting and access to electricity. Consider renting portable toilets if the barn's restrooms are insufficient. You'll also want to ensure that your vendors have easy access to the barn for set up and tear down.
Barn weddings offer a charming and unforgettable experience for you and your guests. From rustic decor to home-style catering, a barn wedding provides a unique and personalized atmosphere for your special day. With careful planning and attention to detail, you can create a beautiful and unforgettable celebration in a one-of-a-kind venue.
However, as with any wedding venue, there are both pros and cons to consider before deciding if a barn wedding is right for you. Here are some of the pros and cons of barn weddings:
- Scenic and rustic setting: Barn weddings offer a picturesque and rustic setting, complete with natural elements like wooden beams, exposed brick, and sweeping countryside views.
- Versatility: Many barn wedding venues offer a variety of spaces, from the ceremony site to the reception area, giving couples the flexibility to create a unique and personalized wedding experience.
- Customizable decor: With the natural charm of a barn setting, couples have the opportunity to use their imagination and create a variety of decor themes, from rustic and simple to more elegant and refined.
- Outdoor space: Many barn wedding venues also offer outdoor space, providing couples the opportunity to have an outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour or reception in a beautiful natural setting.
- Budget-friendly: In general, barn weddings are more budget-friendly compared to traditional wedding venues. The rustic charm of a barn often means that couples can save on decor, as the natural setting of a barn already provides a beautiful backdrop.
- Weather concerns: Since many barns do not offer air conditioning or heating, the temperature inside the barn can be uncomfortable depending on the season. Additionally, rain or high winds can also be an issue in an outdoor barn setting. At Aspen Country Hills we provide air conditioning and heating.
- Accessibility: Many barn wedding venues are located outside of urban areas, and can be difficult for guests to find. Additionally, if the barn is located in a remote area, it may also be difficult for some guests to travel to and from the venue. At Aspen Country Hills we made it easy to find us on apple and google maps.
- Lack of amenities: Many barn wedding venues do not offer amenities such as electricity, plumbing or permanent seating, which can mean extra rentals and set-up costs. At Aspen Country Hills we have all the amenities you need to be more than comfortable during your wedding.
- Rustic charm may not be for everyone: While some couples love the rustic and charming setting of a barn wedding, it may not be the right fit for all couples. Some couples may prefer a more traditional or formal wedding venue. Aspen Country Hills is a very modern rustic theme, that is easy to look great with any theme or decor.
- Requires more planning: Since many barn wedding venues do not offer on-site coordinators, couples may need to hire a wedding planner to coordinate all aspects of their wedding day, including vendors, set-up, and clean-up. At Aspen Country Hills we provide on site help, and offsite help for all your wedding needs and questions.
While barn weddings offer a charming and unique setting for couples to celebrate their big day, they are not without their challenges. It is important for couples to consider the pros and cons of a barn wedding and ensure that it aligns with their wedding vision and budget. With careful planning and attention to detail, however, a barn wedding can be a beautiful and unforgettable event.
While there are pros and cons to barn weddings, at Aspen Country Hills, we aim to eliminate the cons to a barn wedding and strive to make your special day as seamless and enjoyable as possible. Our picturesque property boasts a beautifully restored barn, surrounded by stunning natural scenery, providing an unforgettable backdrop for your wedding. With a variety of amenities and services available, we aim to eliminate any potential downsides to a barn wedding and create a truly magical experience for you and your guests. From ample parking to exceptional catering options, air conditioned reception area, bathrooms, easy accessibility for all your guests, our team is dedicated to making your wedding day unforgettable. Choose Aspen Country Hills for your barn wedding and rest easy knowing that your special day will be perfect in every way.